28 Apr Nutrition during Triathlon training: Mira’s tips
We’re meeting Mira today at bar specialized in healthy breakfast to speak about nutrition.
At home I have tea and oatmeal for breakfast. When I go to a cafe, I try to have something healthy.
My breakfast is relatively simple – black tea and oatmeal. In the cafe, I choose from the daily menu so that it is healthy and light.
Mira doesn’t follow a rigid nutrition scheme, but here are some general guidelines based on his lifestyle and training needs.
Let’s look his tips together.
General Guidelines for nutrition during training
- Always have breakfast before your morning workout and something to eat after it, too
- Have a hearty snack on training days
- Preferably have a high-protein lunch
- Aim for a carbohydrate-rich dinner with pasta or rice and a side dish of fresh raw vegetables. Alternately a dish of pasta with a sauce made of fresh vegetables
- Limit the consumption of ham and cheese
- Avoid eating sweets at dinner
- Cook fish, meat and vegetables by grilling, baking, boiling, or steaming
- Consume about 70% of your calories in the first part of the day.
- Drink an herbal tea in the evening, for example turmeric-ginger herbal tea with a little bit of honey
- Eat fruit during the day and try to avoid eating it in the evening
- Drink 1.5 – 2lt of water throughout the day. In addition to this, drink water during meals and training
- Do not skip meals